Prepare to Effectively Handle the Paralegal's Role in Trademarks Practice
Trademarks are an essential part of your clients' business. With this course, you'll learn everything you need to assist your attorney in the trademark application and maintenance process. Get tips for conducting searches and preparing materials for the Trademark Trial and Appeals Board. You'll also learn how to protect a client's domain name through the trademark process. Let our faculty show you how to navigate the Patent and Trademark Office with ease - register today!
- Get an overview of the important websites you'll need to navigate the trademark process.
- Learn strategies for creating a firm database for all of your trademark, license, and domain name cases.
- Find out how to streamline your docketing system, including solutions from software vendors.
- Prepare and file key documents, such as the declaration of use and incontestability under section 8 and section 15.
- Learn when a domain name qualifies as a trademark, and how to protect your client's website from cybersquatters.
- Recognize the Rules of Professional Conduct governing the US Patent and Trademark Office.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course is designed to give paralegals the knowledge they need to effectively handle trademarks cases. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Overview of Trademark Law and Governance
- Conducting Trademark Searches
- Docketing Strategies for Trademarks
- Filings and Documentation in Trademark Cases
- Protecting the Client's Domain Name
- Recent Developments in Copyright Law
Continuing Education Credits
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 6.00 *
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 6.00 *
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 6.00 *
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 6.00 *
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 6.00 *
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 6.00 *
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 6.00 *
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 6.00 *
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 6.00 *
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 6.00 *
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 6.00
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 6.00
* denotes specialty creditsRegister Now