A Rapid-Fire, Paralegal Guide to Debt Collection Pitfalls and FDCPA Claims
Are you aware of the latest FDCPA updates? Are you conscious of the many legal pitfalls in collector-debtor communications? Our experienced faculty will boil down the key elements of the FDCPA, bring you up to speed with recent changes, illustrate compliance landmines and give you pointers for assisting with FDCPA claims. Build your knowledge of all things FDCPA in this specially-designed paralegal program - register today!
- Get caught up with the latest FDCPA developments.
- Understand key elements of the FDCPA as it applies to your roles and responsibilities.
- Take a crash course on FDCPA claims and litigation.
- Obtain sample checklists, claims and other useful reference materials.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course will provide attendees with a better understanding of FDCPA rules, developments, claims and litigation. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- FDCPA Update for Paralegals: Overview of the Act; Recent Changes; Fundamentals
- How Paralegals Should Comply with the Act (w/Sample Checklists)
- Common FDCPA Claims and the FDCPA Lawsuit - The Paralegal's Role
Continuing Education Credits
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 1.00
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 1.00
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 1.00
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 1.00
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 1.00
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 1.00
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 1.00
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 1.00
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 1.00
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 1.00
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 1.00 *
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 1.00
* denotes specialty creditsRegister Now