Avoid These Top 11 Mistakes When Handling Cases in Federal Courts
Federal litigation is a minefield of potential missteps - can you effectively navigate it? Our veteran faculty will delve into unintentional mistakes paralegals most often make in federal court and provide you with best practices for avoiding them. Don't let these pitfalls impact your record - register today!
- Stay up to date - brush up on new FRCP and FRE changes.
- Avoid critical mistakes in calendaring federal court deadlines.
- Uncover do's and don'ts for federal court pleadings, motions, discovery requests and briefs.
- Find out what not to do when preparing for or assisting with trial.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course will teach attendees how to effectively avoid mistakes in federal court. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- FRCP and FRE: Not Keeping Up with the New Changes
- Jurisdiction/Removal Issues
- Timing Considerations, Calendaring and Filing Deadlines
- E-Filing Mistakes
- Common Errors in Federal Court Pleadings, Motions and Briefs
- Limitation on Paper and Depositional Discovery Imposed by Federal Practice and Procedure
- Practical Discovery and ESI Issues
- Responding and Objecting to Discovery Requests
- Case Management Challenges
- Pitfalls in Working with Records
- Federal Trial Preparation and Trial Assistance Mistakes
Continuing Education Credits
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 1.00
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 1.00
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 1.00
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 1.00
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 1.00
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 1.00
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 1.00
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 1.00
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 1.00
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 1.00
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 1.00 *
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 1.00
* denotes specialty creditsRegister Now