Build Your Estate Planning Document Drafting Skills
Wills, trusts, health care directives and powers of attorney are at the core of estate planning practice - how do your drafting skills measure up? This practical paralegal program will teach you how to assess a client's assets/estate planning needs and prepare the key documents that will carry out their wishes. Don't miss this opportunity to pick up how-tos, pointers, sample checklists and estate planning documents - register today!
- Leave no stone unturned when assessing the status of a client's assets and liabilities.
- Gain tips for calculating and minimizing taxes.
- Find out how to draft a solid will - and discover how to handle special/unusual provisions.
- Build your knowledge of trusts and walk through key provisions of trust agreements.
- Avoid common mistakes paralegals make when preparing wills, trust agreements, health care directives, and POAs.
- Discover how to properly prepare asset transfer documentation, closing notebooks and other estate planning essentials.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course will walk attendees through the preparation of key estate planning documents. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Compiling Critical Information Prior to Drafting
- Drafting Effective Wills for Attorney Review
- Trust Agreements - Drafting, Funding and Amending
- Preparing Health Care Directives
- Drafting Financial and Legal Powers of Attorney
- Preparing Other Key Documents: Asset Transfer Documentation, Closing Notebooks, etc.
Continuing Education Credits
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 6.00
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 6.00
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 6.00
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 6.00
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 6.00
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 6.00
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 6.00
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 6.00
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 6.00
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 6.00
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 6.00 *
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 6.00
* denotes specialty credits