Protect Client Confidentiality and Become a More Tech-Savvy Paralegal
Are you taking all necessary precautions when using, storing and deleting email? Do you know what steps to take when problems arise? In this paralegal guide, our seasoned faculty will navigate the ethical pitfalls and challenges of using email - and teach you how to become more effective in email communications. Get up to speed on protecting confidentiality and guarding privacy in email - register today!
- Find out how to properly secure email communications.
- Identify and avoid pitfalls when communicating with clients via email.
- Learn how to deal with inadvertent disclosures from both a sender and recipient viewpoint.
- Discover how to effectively manage large amounts of correspondence.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course will teach attendees how to confidently avoid ethical pitfalls when handling emails. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Ethical Rules Regarding the Use of Email
- Preventing - and Correcting - Email Mistakes
- Securing Email Accessed on Personal Phones and Computers
- Email Etiquette: How to and How Not to Email
- Email Retention, Storage and Preservation
Continuing Education Credits
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 2.00 *
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 2.00 *
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 2.00 *
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 2.00 *
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 2.00 *
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 2.00 *
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 2.00 *
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 2.00 *
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 2.00 *
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 2.00 *
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 2.00
* denotes specialty credits