Preliminary Steps, Due Diligence, Purchase Agreement and Closing
Business acquisitions are time and detail intensive - even the smallest overlooked matter can result in big trouble down the road. This paralegal program will teach you how to navigate those essential first steps, thoroughly manage due diligence investigations, draft the purchase agreement and prepare all the necessary documentation for a smooth closing. Gain real-world insights and tips to avoid pitfalls and ensure a trouble-free business deal - register today!
- Enhance your knowledge of the overall buying and selling process and your role.
- Keep the transaction on track by managing key deadlines.
- Manage the due diligence process and learn how to do a comprehensive due diligence review.
- Gain tips for structuring the purchase agreement and minimizing tax exposure.
- Learn how to effectively prepare key closing documents and closing binders.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course will provide attendees with the skills and resources to effectively handle key responsibilities in business purchase and sale transactions. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Process, Procedures, Deadlines and Preliminary Documents
- Conducting a Comprehensive Due Diligence Review
- Structuring the Purchase Agreement - Tips, Samples and Checklists
- Managing Closing Documents, Checklists and Post-Closing Issues
Continuing Education Credits
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 3.00
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 3.00
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 3.00
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 3.00
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 3.00
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 3.00
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 3.00
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 3.00
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 3.00
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 3.00
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 1.00 *
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 3.00
* denotes specialty credits