Get Pointers for Handling Real Estate Closings While Ensuring RESPA Compliance
When a client is ready to close, how confident are you in your ability to comply with the new RESPA requirements during the closing process? What disclosures must be provided during the loan application, before settlement, at settlement and after? This step-by-step paralegal program will walk through the closing process while reviewing the implications and requirements under the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act. Don't miss this opportunity to refresh your skills while remaining in compliance. Register today!
- Obtain sample checklists to ensure RESPA compliance in different stages of the closing.
- Review the new loan estimate form.
- Ensure RESPA closing disclosures contain properly itemized costs and fees.
- Identify - and avoid - top mistakes in implementing TRID.
- Get tips for speeding up the title examination and title curative process.
- Make certain closing packages contain everything necessary for lenders to release funds.
- Learn strategies to avoid and resolve issues that arise during closing.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course is designed to give attendees the knowledge they need to effectively handle real estate closings. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- TRID Highlights and Initial Steps
- The New Loan Estimate
- Closing Disclosure Form - A Walkthrough
- Top Mistakes in Implementing TRID
- Efficiently Resolving Title Issues to Avoid Closing Delays
- Closing Preparation Through Follow-Up Matters
Continuing Education Credits
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 6.00 *
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 6.00 *
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 6.00 *
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 6.00 *
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 6.00 *
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 6.00 *
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 6.00 *
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 6.00 *
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 6.00 *
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 6.00 *
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 6.00 *
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 6.00
* denotes specialty credits