Delve Deep into Key Aspects of the Estate Administration Process
Develop skills in estate administration in your role as a paralegal! This practical program will provide detailed insights on what information must be gathered to prepare a fiduciary accounting, how that accounting should be formatted and how to best present the information. You will also learn how to effectively manage estate assets, deal with creditor claims and handle distributions to beneficiaries. Don't miss this opportunity - register today!
- Leave no stone unturned when assessing estate assets and liabilities.
- Gain tips for preparing the inventory and managing estate assets.
- Learn how to investigate and deal with specific types of creditor claims.
- Follow along with a sample accounting and gain pointers on the various schedules.
- Obtain insights on preparing estate tax returns.
- Discover how to deal with sticky issues such as loaned items, inadvertent distributions and beneficiary disputes.
- Spot common ethical traps - and learn how to avoid them.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course will teach attendees how to effectively handle the paralegal duties associated with estate administration accounting and distribution. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Preparing the Inventory and Managing Estate Assets
- Dealing with Creditor Claims
- Walkthrough of a Sample Accounting
- Distributing Estate Assets to Beneficiaries
- Potential Ethical Pitfalls for Paralegals
Continuing Education Credits
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 6.00 *
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 6.00 *
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 6.00 *
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 6.00 *
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 6.00 *
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 6.00 *
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 6.00 *
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 6.00 *
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 6.00 *
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 6.00 *
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 6.00 *
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 6.00
* denotes specialty credits