A Practical, Hands-On Federal Court Toolkit for Paralegals
Navigating the federal court system can be stress and intimidating - but it doesn't have to be. Our experienced faculty will walk you through the federal court process with practical how-to's, pointers and cautionary advice so you can ensure the firm's federal cases have the best chance for success. Enhance your understanding of federal court processes and procedures; stay on top of federal court deadlines; and successfully apply federal rules to key paralegal tasks. Confidently handle federal cases from initial filings to trial - register today!
- Get an update on the new changes to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.
- Discover the top mistakes paralegals make in federal court.
- Prepare pleadings, motions, discovery requests and briefs under federal court rules and standards.
- Learn how to effectively apply the federal rules of evidence.
- Build your federal trial preparation and trial assistance skills.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course will allow attendees to effectively navigate the federal court process. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Federal Court Rules: A Cheat Sheet for Paralegals
- Deadline, Case and Witness Management
- Pleadings, Motions, Discovery Requests and Briefs in Federal Court
- Federal Court Trial Preparation and Attendance
Continuing Education Credits
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 3.00
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 3.00
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 3.00
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 3.00
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 3.00
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 3.25
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 3.00
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 3.00
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 3.00
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 3.00
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 3.00 *
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 3.00
* denotes specialty credits