Copyright Registration Applications, Contracts, Licenses, Enforcement
Build your knowledge and skills of all things copyright in this focused paralegal program! Our experienced faculty will walk you through the essentials of copyright law, then dig into the copyright application and maintenance process. You will also learn how to prepare a wide array of licenses/agreements and delve into copyright investigation and infringement. Don't miss this hands-on opportunity - register today!
- Get a refresher on copyright essentials - key concepts, protectable works, issues of ownership and more.
- Learn how to properly prepare and file copyright applications.
- Find out how to prepare a wide array of copyright agreements/licenses - and obtain samples for reference.
- Gain tips for drafting cease and desist letters and complaints.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course provides a comprehensive education on copyright law. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Overview of Copyright Law
- Copyright Registration Applications
- Copyright Agreements, Transfers, Termination of Transfers, and Renewal
- Investigating and Reporting Copyright Infringement
- Fair Use Defense: Real-World Examples
- Other Defenses to Copyright Infringement: Real-World Examples
Continuing Education Credits
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 3.00
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 3.00
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 3.00
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 3.00
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 3.00
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 3.00
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 3.00
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 3.00
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 3.00
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 3.00
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 3.00
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 3.00
* denotes specialty credits