Take the Guesswork out of Managing Case Documents and Disposing of Them
Document management is a formidable legal minefield, and improper document handling can land a law firm in hot water. Take this course to learn best practices for organizing case documents and dealing with requests for production, while keeping in mind the legal requirements for preservation of evidence, retention timelines, confidentiality compliance and destruction requisites. You'll gain the latest storage solutions, strategies for retrieving information and guidelines for properly destroying files. Let our experienced faculty provide you with tried and true methods that you can begin using immediately. Register today!
- Review the legal requirements and confidentiality compliance involved with case document management.
- Save time and headaches by establishing a universal document management system that works for every case.
- Discover how to save documents in readable, searchable and printable formats.
- Effectively organize and track discovery documents from both clients and opposing parties.
- Recognize the unique compliance issues associated with storing medical records.
- Learn the procedures for properly closing files and destroying documentation.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level program will provide attendees with practical strategies for effective document management. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Document Management: Getting Started
- Effective Case Document Control and Organization
- Organizing Discovery Documents for Paralegals
- Handling Medical Records
- Proper Closing and Destruction of Documents
- Ethical Issues in Document Management
Continuing Education Credits
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 6.00 *
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 6.00 *
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 6.00 *
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 6.00 *
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 6.00 *
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 6.00 *
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 6.00 *
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 6.00 *
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 6.00 *
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 6.00 *
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 6.00 *
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 6.00
* denotes specialty credits