Legal Assistant, Securities
We are looking for a smart and motivated individual to provide legal support for our Corporate and Securities Legal group in Seattle. Responsibilities include support for Section 16 reporting and day-to-day insider trading matters, administrative support of public company corporate, securities, and governance matters, drafting internal and external communications, and maintaining critical process compliance (such as calendaring, filing, and task tracking in support of securities reporting functions).
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who possesses the ability to work efficiently and with strong judgment, manage high volumes of sensitive tasks and projects and legal compliance functions with little margin for error, react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require a quick response or turnaround, and think creatively and be proactive in solving problems. The successful candidate will also be client-service oriented, have excellent attention to detail while still meeting tight deadlines, have great organization skills, and have the ability to easily switch gears. A high level of professionalism, integrity, and discretion in handling confidential information, as well as the ability to work well with people at all levels inside and outside the company, is essential.
· 3+ years administrative experience
· Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word is essential, as well as deep comfort with learning new programs and software
· Ability to work with large data sets of numbers with a high degree of accuracy
· Acute attention to detail
· Strong written and oral communication skills are a must, as are the desire and aptitude to learn new concepts on the job and maintain and build critical process supports
· BA/BS degree
· Working knowledge of Section 16 compliance, 10b5-1 trading plans, and insider trading compliance policies
· SEC reporting and annual meeting process experience
· Familiarity with public company corporate governance
· Self-starter with strong bias for action
· Outstanding judgement and discretion with high-profile and confidential matters
· Team player
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
If you are interested in the role – please email resume to Marian Boyce – Legal Recruiter: Boycmari@amazon.com