Senior Probate Paralegal - Reed Longyear Malnati & Ahrens, PLLC - Seattle, WA
The Probate and Estate Planning group at Reed Longyear is seeking a full-time paralegal. Any applicant must have comprehensive knowledge in administering probates and trusts in King County and be comfortable referencing local rules and procedures for other counties.
Reed Longyear is a well-established and long-standing general practice firm in downtown Seattle with strong ties to the local community. We are close to transit centers, ferries, and the King County courthouse. We have a collaborative atmosphere, good benefits, and friendly co-workers. We look forward to the ideal candidate to join our team.
Essential Skills and Experience:
· At least five (5) years of experience in Probate administration
· Paralegal certificate, Bachelor’s Degree, or appropriate Paralegal experience
· Drafting probate filings including petitions, oaths, notices, orders, declarations
· Drafting and mailing probate notices including notices of appointment and creditors notices
· Drafting non-probate notices to creditors
· Scheduling and meeting deadlines for probate procedures
· Creating trust and estate inventories and accounting and working with clients to obtain necessary documentation to complete an inventory
Essential Technology Skills:
· Familiarity with Practice Master or other similar practice management software (or the ability to quickly learn new software)
· High proficiency with Microsoft Office
· Ability to use drafting software to expeditiously draft documents
· High proficiency with use of calendaring software to ensure court filing deadlines are met
Useful but not Required Legal Skills:
· Familiarity with the estate planning process including drafting wills, trusts, powers of attorney
· Familiarity with guardianship proceedings
COVID-19 considerations: All attorneys and staff practice safe COVID-19 protocols. Our firm is temporarily operating semi-remotely due to COVID-19.
Interested applicants should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.