Rights & Permissions Coordinator
Department: Medical Education
Supervisor: Charles Morris
Status: Non-exempt, Part Time
Travel Requirements: 0%
What We Do
Functional Medicine determines how and why illness occurs and restores health by addressing the root causes of disease for each individual. The Functional Medicine model is an individualized, patient-centered, evidence-based approach that empowers patients and practitioners to work together to address the underlying causes of disease and promote optimal wellness.
The Institute for Functional Medicine works to advance the highest expression of individual health through the widespread adoption of Functional Medicine. To achieve this goal, our work is primarily focused in these five areas:
- 1. Education. We train Functional Medicine clinicians to act as change agents in reversing the epidemic of chronic disease.
- 2. Access. We facilitate the broadest possible integration of Functional Medicine into the global healthcare system.
- 3. Economics. We ensure that the practice of Functional Medicine is economically viable for providers, patients, and payers.
- 4. Collaboration & Development. We create and support key alliances that advance IFM’s mission to make Functional Medicine the standard of care.
- 5. Research. We catalyze and facilitate clinical research that supports the Functional Medicine model.
Why Join Us?
Do Work That Matters. We are changing the way medicine is practiced and transforming the health (and lives) of millions of people around the world. Every single day, you get to impact the quality of high patient care by helping our team stay informed about emerging research trends as well as supporting literacy efforts throughout the organization.
Career Opportunities Abound. We are a rapidly growing organization. As our team grows, so does your opportunity for more responsibilities.
We Set the Standard. And we continually push those standards to new heights, winning us the respect of the industry, as well as the loyalty and engagement of a rapidly growing customer base.
Support and Contribute to a Passionate, Motivated Team. Our team is hungry and inspired and we want you to be too. Strive to grow with us.
- Paid medical, dental and vision insurance (dependent coverage offered at a competitive monthly premium)
- Paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Competitive vacation and sick leave
- 401(k) with generous contribution
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills; able to manage competing priorities;
- Ability to make decisions guided by policies, procedures, and business plans, and to inquire for clarification as appropriate;
- Adaptability: Includes teamwork and flexibility needed to fulfill job responsibilities; must be capable of adapting to changes in work environment and accepting supervisory feedback;
- Interpersonal skills: Includes attitude, behavior, and problem solving mindset that enable positive responses to diverse internal and external stakeholders’ needs and expectations;
- Ability to be self-directed with work activities, assess current status, anticipate obstacles and challenges, and recommend changes and improvements;
- Excellent written, verbal, listening, and inquiry skills; ability to communicate large amounts of information into concise, actionable language over the phone, in person, and via electronic media;
- Collaborate on communication processes, goals, schedules, and outcomes;
- Collaborate to develop procedures and plans to make relevant work decisions.
- Demonstrated expertise with MS Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word);
- Experience with EndNote, Zotero, Airtable and/or other library cataloging services, including support and implementation of such capabilities preferred;
- Willingness and ability to adapt to new technologies and software, including internal digital asset management systems.
Link to Apply
IFM is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Applicants Rights under Federal Employment Laws