Paralegal II – corporate & securities, Seattle, WA
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrates coffee and its rich tradition, but that creates a feeling of connection. We develop and support partners who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
As a Starbucks paralegal II – Corporate & Securities, you will provide timely and effective support to senior paralegals, attorneys, and clients and will collaborate with other paralegals and members of the Law & Corporate Affairs Department to:
- support global subsidiary corporate governance and maintenance of corporate records, including drafting minutes and resolutions,
- support public company securities compliance, including assisting in the preparation of 10-Q, 10-K and Proxy Statement,
- support the effective functioning of Starbucks Board of Directors and committees, including calendaring, preparing agendas, and coordinating logistics for meetings, and
- support executive officers and directors’ compliance with securities obligations, including Section 16 filings.
This paralegal will participate in complex projects and will work with and direct outside counsel with input from Starbucks attorneys.
We are seeking applicants who have a passion for what they do, can collaborate effectively across groups, and can anticipate and initiate routine legal tasks independently and as requested by Starbucks attorneys and outside counsel.; can collaborate effectively across groups; can balance multiple priorities; and can anticipate and initiate routine legal tasks independently and as requested by Starbucks attorneys and outside counsel.
Leveraging your previous experience, we will enable you to:
- Support – Play a key role for the Law & Corporate Affairs team that supports the Board of Directors function.
- Collaborate – Team with Starbucks legal and business partners to provide cross-functional support for global subsidiary governance.
- Facilitate – Leverage your legal skills to maintain compliance with securities reporting requirements.
We’d love to hear from people with:
- Corporate and securities legal experience
- 5+ years of paralegal experience
- Law firm or in-house legal department experience
- High ethical standards and proven ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Poise under pressure and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including PowerPoint
We hope to hear from you! Click “Apply Online” to begin the application process today.
Starbucks is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.