Supervisor: Manager, Contracts
Status: Contract, possible contract to hire
Travel Requirements: 0%
Location: Federal Way, WA with telecommuting/remote opportunity available
What We Do
Functional Medicine determines how and why illness occurs and restores health by addressing the root causes of disease for each individual. The Functional Medicine model is an individualized, patient-centered, evidence- based approach that empowers patients and practitioners to work together to address the underlying causes of disease and promote optimal wellness.
The Institute for Functional Medicine works to advance the highest expression of individual health through the widespread adoption of Functional Medicine. To achieve this goal, our work is primarily focused in these five areas:
- Education. We train Functional Medicine clinicians to act as change agents in reversing the epidemic of chronic disease.
- Access. We facilitate the broadest possible integration of Functional Medicine into the global healthcare system.
- Economics. We ensure that the practice of Functional Medicine is economically viable for providers, patients, and payers.
- Collaboration & Development. We create and support key alliances that advance IFM’s mission to make Functional Medicine the standard of care.
- Research. We catalyze and facilitate clinical research that supports the Functional Medicine model.
Why Join Us?
Do Work That Matters. We are changing the way medicine is practiced and transforming the health (and lives) of millions of people around the world. Every single day, you get to impact the quality of high patient care by helping our team stay informed about emerging research trends as well as supporting literacy efforts throughout the organization.
Career Opportunities Abound. We are a rapidly growing organization. As our team grows, so does your opportunity for more responsibilities.
We Set the Standard. And we continually push those standards to new heights, winning us the respect of the industry, as well as the loyalty and engagement of a rapidly growing customer base.
Support and Contribute to a Passionate, Motivated Team. Our team is hungry and inspired and we want you to be too. Strive to grow with us.
FM is seeking a Contracts Assistant with a minimum of three years of experience in drafting the following types of contracts: licensing agreements (intellectual property), master agreements, SOWs, addenda, amendments, MOUs and vendor agreements. This individual must have advanced proof-reading and editing skills, keen attention to detail and solid legal and general research skills. A working knowledge of HIPAA, GDPR, and general privacy guidelines is desired.
IFM is seeking a Contracts Assistant who will assist in the preparation and tracking of contracts; preparation and update of contract templates; legal and general research; communication with stakeholders; coordination of a high volume of transactional tasks; process improvement initiatives, including drafting of standard operating procedures and the organization and storage of contracts; other projects as assigned.
- Paralegal Certificate from ABA approved paralegal program or advanced relevant degree required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a customer service environment required.
- Experience with data management, electronic document tracking and management, and file
- 5 years’ experience in the areas of contract interpretation, drafting of business and commercial type
IFM is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Applicants Rights under Federal Employment Laws