Job #S20200214 – Seattle, Washington
Perkins Coie LLP has an immediate opening for a Paralegal Assistant supporting the Product Liability practice group. Under general supervision, assist paralegals with document and information management, indices and filing, and assemble notebooks for presentation of legal evidence. May oversee temporary and in-house clerks in the performance of various clerical duties.
- Assist litigation paralegals with all phases of litigation case support including document/information management, discovery, and trial support.
- Organize and maintain case files, pleadings, and documents.
- Prepare case/matter and attorney notebooks.
- Summarize articles, reports, witness statements, and depositions.
- Obtain factual information from clients and third parties, including governmental agencies.
- Perform computer database input and retrieval.
- Draft and revise legal documents and correspondence.
- Prepare material for in-house and outside distribution.
- Manage distribution of data and materials.
- Search and/or retrieve soft and hard copy documents containing information requested by lawyer or paralegal.
- Maintain practice group form files and systems, including obtaining information or documents from outside parties.
- Prepare material for photocopying.
- Maintain budget spreadsheets in Excel
Demonstrated skills in document /information management. Ability to express self effectively, both orally and in writing. Ability to establish effective working relationships with Firm lawyers and paralegals, staff, client personnel, and other professionals. Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Work well under pressure and independently. Ability to type 50 wpm with accuracy. Familiarity with court dockets. Ability to work in fast-paced environment, handle multiple assignments, and work well under pressure. Proficiency in MS Office Applications including Word, Outlook and Excel.
Demonstrated ability to take initiative, exercise discretion, and use independent judgment.
Education & Experience:
Requires high school diploma and a minimum of one year of related work experience, or equivalent. Paralegal Assistant or legal support experience preferred. An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred. Paralegal Certificate a plus.