Legal Assistant/Administrative Assistant (downtown Seattle)
A boutique downtown law firm is seeking a highly organized, multi-tasking Legal Assistant for full time work (40 hours a week).
Candidate must be able to project a positive, professional, and friendly image of the firm, as well as maintain confidentiality and accuracy of detailed information in a highly professional manner.
- All administrative duties including answering and directing phone calls, greeting clients, validating parking, processing and distributing incoming/outgoing mail, scanning, making copies, and maintaining attorney calendars.
- Calendar, manage, and monitor deadlines.
- Request medical records. Follow-up to ensure timely receipt.
- Collect and organize evidence and other legal and financial documents for attorney review and case preparation.
- Schedule meetings, interviews, appointments, and depositions.
- Correspond with counsel, court, and clients. Keeps clients informed by maintaining contact and communicating case progress.
- Process credit card payments from clients.
- Track hours and bill to clients.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Implement and improve upon administrative processes for more efficient workflow.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 3+ years of experience as an administrative assistant (preferably in a law firm or other legal setting)
- Able to work independently with little or no supervision
- Ability to manage large workload and keep deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.