Bellingham personal injury law firm looking for bilingual (English–Spanish) full-time paralegal. Prior legal experience strongly preferred. Competitive salary and benefits DOE.
We are a small but rapidly growing law firm serving clients throughout Northwest Washington. We proudly offer legal services in Spanish as well as English, and a number of our clients primarily or only speak Spanish. We focus on helping individuals who have been seriously injured in motor vehicle crashes or by defective products or other negligence or misconduct.
This position will assist with all aspects of personal injury claims and civil litigation, including daily interactions with clients and intake in English and Spanish; speaking and working with insurance adjusters regarding property damage, PIP claims, and other issues and coordinating such issues for clients; obtaining client medical and billing records from medical providers using HIPAA and HITECH Act-compliant procedures; obtaining client employment and wage loss records; drafting correspondence for attorney review; reviewing and organizing medical and billing records received; filing and data entry; preparation of settlement demand packages, MAR materials, mediation briefs, and civil court documents for attorney review; sending discovery; drafting and working with clients on discovery responses; preparation for mediation, MAR, and trial; and assistance during mediation, MAR, and trial proceedings.
• Self-motivated, dependable, & excited to adapt, learn, innovate, and help growing law firm succeed
• Outgoing, positive, friendly, and very comfortable on the phone
• Fluent in both English and Spanish
• Strong professional writing skills in English and Spanish, and ability to translate from English to Spanish and Spanish to English.
• Exceptional attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
• Comfortable with Apple/Mac OS environment, or tech-savvy and able to learn very quickly
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
Strongly Preferred Qualifications:
• Prior law office experience. (The ideal candidate would have prior experience with a personal injury law firm and/or workers’ compensation law firm. Completion of a paralegal certification or training program is also a plus.)
Competitive wage depending on experience, with significant opportunities for advancement and wage increases/bonuses for the right person. Good medical and dental benefits.
Qualified applicants: Please send a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Bilingual Paralegal Application” in your e-mail’s subject line.