Paralegal - Licensing & Regulatory Compliance Director
Abode Healthcare is a growing home health and hospice company that specializes in making a difference. We are seeking a collaborative and high integrity paralegal to serve as our Licensing & Regulatory Compliance Director. Job duties of this rewarding position include the following:
- Assists the Corporate Compliance & Privacy Officer with administration of the company’s Compliance Plan and prevention, detection, and follow-through activities to assure compliance with all legal and regulatory statutes.
- Obtains and maintains the company’s state licenses.
- Anticipates and responds to state business reporting requirements related to licensure and permits.
- Ensures maintenance of existing registrations in compliance with applicable laws and requirements.
- Ensures maintain of state business qualifications and requirements.
- Researches state and federal laws, statutes, and regulations in support of company initiatives.
- Responds to all requests for Additional Documentation Request (ADR) and appeals for federal, state, and commercial payors in a timely manner.
- Provides education to enterprise staff as needed related to finding of payors’ review of clinical records.
Our comprehensive benefit package (after 30 days of full-time employment) includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, life insurance, optional supplemental coverage at discounted rates, generous paid-time off, and 401k.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare, pre-law, or related field.
- At least three years of experience in healthcare, working with Medicare and Medicaid programs and enrollment preferred.
- Knowledge of state and federal healthcare regulations and licensing requirements as applicable to home health and hospice preferred.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Good verbal and written communication and public relations skills.
Interested candidates should email their resume to email@example.com