Todd Bowers & Associates is offering an opportunity to join a high performing insurance staff counsel for State Farm Insurance Companies. Join a community of employees that are challenged, guided, and empowered.
Todd Bowers & Associates, insurance staff counsel for State Farm insurance companies, is seeking a paralegal for the Seattle, WA office. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to supporting two attorneys with discovery, medical record collection, witness disclosure, expert witness preparation, and pre-trial motions in first- and third-party insurance defense cases. Working knowledge of Washington Civil Rules of Procedure and Rules of Evidence is preferred. The most qualified candidates will have at least 2 years of civil litigation experience in personal injury cases, the ability to work independently, prioritize workload, multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and communicate effectively. Paralegal certificate or paralegal education is a plus.
Competencies: Accountability, Communication, Critical Thinking, Work Ethic, Teamwork
What You Can Expect:
- Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in the interview process. This is where the excitement begins!
What's in It for You
- Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential
- Volunteer opportunities: Get involved and give back to the community!
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations, Employee Development, and more!
- 401k Plan and FULLY FUNDED PENSION: Yes, both. This is kind of a BIG deal!
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion: We are one team and it is simply the right thing to do!
- Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists attorneys in discovery and pre-trial matters under attorney supervision
- Assists attorneys in handling assigned case files and delivering other legal services under attorney supervision
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Litigation or paralegal experience, paralegal degree or certificate and/or medical training is required
- Maintains paralegal competency by participation in continuing education programs
- Must successfully complete orientation and training program as designated by the Managing Attorney or the Law Department
- Travels via commercial transportation or driving to job related activities
- May work irregular hours because of workload and nature of the work
- Each State Farm associate has a responsibility to deal fairly and honestly with others, and to comply with all applicable law, regulations, and codes of conduct. This includes the obligation to raise issues if an associate is concerned that legal or ethical standards are not being met by the company or any associates. No one will be retaliated against for communicating concerns to the company in good faith. We all have a responsibility to exercise good judgment, honesty, and integrity when performing our jobs. Throughout this document there are many references to State Farm's goals and how an individual will better serve the needs of our customers. In all cases, it remains, and will continue to be State Farm's intention to market and sell all of its products and services to a diverse customer base, and to do so in full compliance with all laws and regulations of the jurisdictions in which we do business
PROFESSIONALISM and ETHICAL BEHAVIOR:
- CLC-wide competencies are at the core of CLC's entire performance management and compensation system. For that reason, these competencies are the same for every CLC employee. As we constantly strive to provide high quality service and to facilitate the fair and efficient administration of justice, we must be ever mindful that both are premised upon strict adherence to professionalism and ethical behavior in accordance with the applicable Rules of Professional Conduct
Number of Openings:
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/rw34hzj7h4zr38mj