Pacifica Law Group is a law firm committed to serving public and private clients in the Pacific Northwest with focused and sophisticated talent, intellect, creativity and unwavering integrity. We offer a range of services to help our clients address their most pressing legal needs. Our practice areas include litigation, municipal finance, real estate and public/private partnerships, construction and procurement, education and school districts, among others.
We currently seek a full-time Litigation Paralegalfor our construction group. This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly regarded practice and work in a team-oriented atmosphere while enjoying the benefits of a mid-size law firm. We offer a collegial environment, interesting and challenging work and an opportunity to contribute to the continued success of our construction litigation team.
The Construction Paralegal will assist our construction lawyers with all aspects of the construction practice including but not limited to the following:
- Review documents and draft fact summaries / chronologies
- Assist with all aspects of discovery, case preparation and trial
- Track and update internal case dockets for litigation matters
- Assist in the preparation of answers to interrogatories and responses to requests for production of documents
- Assist with witness interviews
- Assist with all aspects of document management, including e-discovery on variety of hosted platforms
- Organize and maintain files from the inception of the case through the completion
- Coordinate depositions of parties requested by attorneys and assist attorney with deposition preparation
- Draft and organize construction contracts and associated documents, including use of AIA software
- Interact with various government and court officials, clients and vendors
- Perform other duties as required
The ideal candidate will have superior written and oral communication skills, exceptional judgment, professionalism and interpersonal skills, as well as attention to detail, good organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently. Bachelor’s degree, a paralegal certificate or equivalent experience is strongly preferred. Superior electronic document management (e-discovery) skills are necessary. Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Outlook, are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Occasionally required to push, lift and move items weighing up to 25lbs.
We offer a competitive salary and full benefits. Please email cover letter and resume to recruiting@PacificaLawGroup.com. No phone calls please.