Law Offices of Beth A. McDaniel, PLLC, a Renton Law Office established in 2002, with an emphasis in elder law, estate planning, probate, guardianship, and trust administration seeks a Paralegal (with MINIMUM three years of experience, Paralegal Certificate preferred) to join our team.
Applicant must have exceptional attention to details, be a self-starter, and excel in:
· Strong writing and grammar skills.
· Multi-tasking and prioritizing assignments;
· File management (organization, maintaining status);
· Monitoring calendar (timeline and deadlines);
· Effectively using time, tracking billable hours;
· Drafting, editing and finalizing correspondence and pleadings;
· Reconciling accounting information provided by clients;
· Maintaining good communication with clients;
· Completing court filings, scheduling hearings (ExParte or by mail), providing notice to other parties through mail, legal messenger service, and email.
The following are requirements:
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook and Excel).
· Understanding of structure and purpose of court pleadings and relevant documents, as well as knowledge of how to locate local, state, and federal rules governing those documents;
· At least three-years of experience working in a capacity as a paralegal, legal assistant or legal secretary (general law office experience is not sufficient, Paralegal Certificate preferred);
· Experience with filing in superior court (including e-filing in Pierce and King Counties);
· Working knowledge of billing software, guardianships, and probates is a must. Trust Administration experience is a plus.
The successful candidate will have a strong work ethic, passion for excellent client service, and desire to continuously improve efficiency. The successful candidate will also have a positive attitude, personal or professional experience surrounding the needs of the elderly and disabled, be a team player, and be able to delegate to, and supervise, a legal assistant.
Competitive salary and benefits (PTO, 401k, medical insurance, and free parking)
Position available immediately.
Job Type: Full-time
Please send resume to: email@example.com