Paralegal - Employment Litigation - 10738541
This is an excellent opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S. Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for an Employment Litigation Paralegal to join our team in Seattle.
This position is responsible for providing a comprehensive range of support to attorneys on medium to large employment litigation matters, and to oversee the work of associated legal secretaries, administrative staff, clerks, and/or temporary employees in the performance of client-related tasks.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion and innovation.
Your contribution includes:
* Proactively serving as the focal point for litigation team communications and centralized repository for information on project assignments and status
* Working with secretaries and docketing personnel to ensure that both calendar systems contain accurate and current information
* Overseeing creation, indexing, and continued maintenance of complex case files and document collections
* Proofreading legal memoranda to identify and correct typographical and grammatical errors; check all citations to legal authorities and to the evidence for accuracy of citations and forms of citation consistent with The Bluebook and/or specific court requirements; verify history of cited cases
* Coordinating and managing court filings, either in paper or electronic form as determined by court requirements
Research & Discovery
* Performing complex fact research and analysis; retrieve and review documents from clients, other parties, and outside sources such as the Internet, public agencies, courts or libraries, as well as case, statutory and/or regulatory law; prepare memoranda or summaries documenting research
* Managing the creation and maintenance of special collections of documents (including witness files, subject and issue files, experts' reliance documents, etc.)
* Preparing initial drafts of discovery requests and responses and other pleadings and memoranda
* Assisting with and participating in collection of client and other parties' documents; manage detailed tracking of document collection; work with litigation support to ensure proper collection of electronic documents and files
* Conducting interviews of witnesses and file custodians
* Working with litigation support to retain vendors, as needed, for all aspects of document production and review; conduct quality control assessment of work performed by vendors
* Drafting memoranda or other documents memorializing in detail the processes used in collecting and producing client documents
* Conducting initial review of client documents to determine responsiveness and relevance and to identify documents protected by attorney-client privilege; draft privilege logs
* Performing complex database searches to locate and retrieve selected documents
* Preparing or supervising the preparation of exhibits for use at depositions and maintain a system to track marked exhibits
* Managing the collection and status of deposition transcripts; perform searches in the deposition full-text database; summarize deposition transcripts
Preparation for and Assistance at Trial or Other Proceedings
* Assisting with trial or arbitration proceedings (tasks include but are not limited to: preparation of exhibit and witness lists, designations of deposition testimony, preparation of the trial brief).
* Coordinating logistics with court personnel and other counsel
* Working with trial support vendor and/or internal litigation support staff to select, prepare, and operate courtroom technology; coordinate set-up and use of technology with courtroom personnel and other counsel
* Assisting attorneys at trial (e.g., track and manage trial exhibits, coordinate with witnesses, operate courtroom presentation tools, act as liaison with court personnel, and summarize trial testimony); coordinate trial support work of more junior paralegals and/or document clerks
Join us if you have
* 3+ years of paralegal experience, depending upon practice area and position available.
* Bachelor's degree and completion of paralegal program of study, or clear demonstration of equivalent knowledge and skill.
Skills and Abilities
* Highly developed skills in time and task management.
* Highly developed attention to detail in striving for perfection in the firm's work product and client service * Post-college level writing and oral communication.
* Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office. Computerized business applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook) for the creation and editing of complex documents, spreadsheets, and e-mail
* Proficiency in the use of computerized legal research and document retention databases, like Westlaw, Relativity, for performance of legal and fact research and effective management of complex evidence and case files
* Proficiency in the use of trial support software, like Trial Director, very desirable
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities.
We are committed to creating and cultivating a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee's sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!
To apply for this position, please use the following URL: