The Seattle office of Perkins Coie is searching for a Paralegal to join our Intellectual Property Litigation group. This position will support attorneys in a variety of venues including United States District Courts throughout the country as well as the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. In addition to litigation, a large portion of this position will involve managing large-scale copyright and trademark enforcement programs.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Investigate and research targets/infringers, primarily online.
- Prepare cease and desist letters.
- Create and maintain spreadsheets to track the status of enforcement matters.
- Organize and maintain case files, pleadings, and other documents.
- Assist with complaint preparation and filing in Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy proceedings.
- Support litigation teams in all aspects of litigation including but not limited to factual investigation; document collection and processing; document production; document review; preparing for depositions; collecting, organizing and collating documents for motions practice; and trial preparation.
Specific Skills Required:
Demonstrated success in working in a team environment, under tight deadlines and for demanding clients. Excellent writing and communication skills. Ability to establish effective working relationships with lawyers and staff, client personnel, and other professionals. Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Knowledge of trademark and copyright law. Ability to handle multiple tasks, track and handle multiple concurrent deadlines, and work well independently with a sense of humor.
Requires a minimum of two years of related litigation and/or enforcement experience or equivalent. BA degree or equivalent required. Please apply online: https://www.perkinscoie.com/en/about-us/careers/professional-staff/job-listings/paralegal-jobs20190305-seattle-wa.html