Booking.com is one of the world’s largest e-commerce companies, and the number one destination to book any type of accommodation. Its mission is to empower people to experience the world. Helping Booking.com do this is a diverse community of over 17,000 employees across 198 global support offices, all connected by a love of travel and a passion for creating the perfect customer experience.
We are proud of our employees and are now looking for an experienced corporate HR Paralegal with strong ER experience to strengthen the existing People Team. You will support the HR Business Partners in providing advice and operational HR support to the Customer Service site in Bellevue as well as our other teams in the region. You will need to have an enthusiastic, can-do approach to perform a wide variety of tasks, and be passionate about adding value to your business partners.
You will report to the Regional HR Manager and work closely together with local business colleagues and the People Team.
What you’ll do:
As an HR Paralegal, you will work with our in-house counsel to give legal advice and support for the global HR team. You’ll also work on employee legal disputes in all countries and help support our ethics program. Our world moves fast and is constantly evolving, so every day is different and exciting.
Key responsibilities include:
- Monitoring new labor laws and developments in the external environment and translating those into actions
- Establishing process rigor and procedures that support HR legal requirements.
- Identifying and creating more efficiencies, scalability and consistency through the use of technology and other tools
- Helping in-house attorneys and HR Legal with risk management and problem solving and prioritization
- Building relationships across broader teams/functions to effectively take on problems for our business partners.
- Driving cross-functional teams on moderate to complex HR legal and ethics program projects to make teams more efficient and create delightful experiences for our customers
- Handling legal holds, discovery (including e-discovery), witness interviews and other support for legal claims
- Coaching and teaching other paralegals, junior attorneys or program managers about Booking.com’s processes, templates and tools in area of expertise
- Understanding the most important goals and key priorities and staying focused on them at despite juggling multiple priorities
- Navigating tensions between legal requirements and business outcomes while maintaining positive relationships
- Receiving and giving feedback and coaching as needed across boundaries and functions
- Drafting letters and routine legal documents
- Creating dashboards and other metrics
- Sharing and tracking trends in our work to actively solve issues before they become problems
- 3+ years of paralegal experience at a law firm or in-house with expertise in HR (employment) law
- Litigation experience either at an outside law firm or in house; trial experience a plus
- Deep knowledge of HR legal concepts, terminology and principles including wage and hour and leave laws for example
- Demonstrated experience working with complex data and metrics for reporting or influencing change, assessing damages or overseeing complex litigation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including being able to identify the most relevant information to effectively influence and inspire change
- Well-developed project management skills, including preparing project plans and key achievement measurements.
- Strong working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A learner and innovator who’s never afraid to try something new, experiment and has a bias for action (try it and learn)
- Someone who thrives in a rapidly-changing environment with a “can do” attitude
- Strong personal alignment with our internal ethics, integrity and deep respect for confidentiality.