Ogletree Deakins is one of the largest labor and employment law firms representing management in all types of employment-related legal matters. The firm has 850 lawyers and 52 offices across the United States, Canada, Europe and Mexico. Ogletree Deakins has been named a “Law Firm of the Year” for seven consecutive years by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms”. In 2018, the publication named Ogletree Deakins its “Law Firm of the Year” in the Litigation - Labor & Employment category. In addition to handling labor and employment law matters, the firm has thriving practices focused on business immigration, employee benefits, and workplace safety and health law. Ogletree Deakins represents a diverse range of clients, from small businesses to Fortune 50 companies.
Our Seattle office has an opportunity for an experienced Paralegal to join the firm’s expanding practice.
We are fully committed to the importance of diversity within the legal profession, as well as all workplace environments and strongly encourage the interest of diverse candidates in the firm.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Summary of Position:
The Paralegal works under the direction of attorneys to whom the Paralegal is assigned. This position researches law, investigates facts, and prepares documents to assist attorneys. Independently researches and analyzes law sources such as statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, treaties, constitutions, and legal codes to prepare legal documents, such as briefs, pleadings, appeals for review, approval, and use by attorney.
- These are the essential functions of the position:
- Researches law, investigates facts, and independently prepares documents to assist attorneys with matters.
- Summarizes complex legal documents
- Organizes and indexes complex case files
- Determines and calendars deadlines
- Performs wide variety of legal research and data compilation, with little or no supervision
- Files pleadings with court clerk
- Prepares reports, correspondence, declarations and complaints
- Drafts a wide variety of legal documents
- Prepares affidavits or documents and maintains document file
- Prepares for mediations and trials
- Assists Attorney at trial and in preparation for depositions
- Communicates with witnesses and experts
- Enters billing and expense data into Firm system in a timely manner
- 6+ years of paralegal experience working in a litigation practice.
- Paralegal certification / degree from accredited college or university.
- In-depth knowledge of legal terminology and principles.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) Lexis-Nexis, WestLaw, Live Note, Concordance, Case Map, Docketing, Document Management System, expense and billing systems.
- We are not working with outside recruiters for this position.
Ogletree Deakins offers a robust suite of benefits for our Staff including: Paid Time Off, Sick Time, a 401(k) matching program, Profit Sharing, 9 Paid Holidays, affordable Health and Life Insurance including Dental & Vision coverage, Health Savings Account (HSA)/Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) to help offset the cost of dependent care and/or health care expenses, Teladoc (24/7 access to a doctor by phone or online video), Tuition Reimbursement and an EAP.
To apply for this position, please submit your application through the blue APPLY NOW button on the top of the page. If you have any questions about this opportunity or want to follow up on your application, please reach out to Monique Hampton at firstname.lastname@example.org with “SEATTLE PARALEGAL” in the subject line.
To keep up to date with all of our opportunities, follow us on Twitter @JobsAtOgletree