As a Starbucks paralegal II – Labor & Employment, you will provide timely and effective legal support to attorneys, clients, other paralegals, and other members of the Law & Corporate Affairs Department, as well as Starbucks outside counsel, in responding to attorney demand letters, agency charges, and lawsuits brought against the company. This paralegal will manage complex projects and will work with outside counsel. This paralegal will collect and organize documents and other information in response to discovery requests, schedule and participate in interviews of partners, review and organize responses to subpoenas, and provide a variety of related support. We are seeking applicants who can collaborate effectively across groups, and can anticipate and initiate routine legal tasks independently and as requested by Starbucks attorneys and outside counsel.
Leveraging your previous experience, we will enable you to:
- Organize – In collaboration with Starbucks attorneys and outside counsel, organize the company’s responses to critical requests for information
- Guide – Help direct clients in responding to lawsuits and agency charges
- Interact – Meet with company partners to gather information related to agency charges and litigation claims
- Facilitate – Help coordinate outside counsel’s defense and recommendations relating to labor and employment lawsuits
We’d love to hear from people with:
- Employment Law experience
- 3+ years of relevant paralegal experience
- Law firm or in-house legal department experience
- Advanced subject-matter expertise in this area of law
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Arbitration and Trial experience a plus
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.