Confluence Health – Paralegal
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level.
Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner.
Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.
The Confluence Health Legal Department provides, among other things, centralized contract management and legal review services that include: coordinating contract requests, advising on contractual matters, negotiating and drafting legal documents, performing legal review and facilitating timely renewal or termination of contracts to meet internal policies and external regulations and optimize legal and business terms. Under the general direction of the General Counsel, the Corporate Paralegal is part of the "Intake Team" in Legal Department. The "Intake Team" is responsible for receiving requests for new contracts or amendments to existing contracts, ensuring compliance with internal policies, and providing templates with approved contract language to stakeholders. The Corporate Paralegal will be responsible for managing Confluence Health's contracting process, including: management and implementation of contract lifecycle management system and assisting the General Counsel with contract drafting, legal research, general legal work. The Corporate Paralegal provides superior customer service to internal and external customers regarding contract and system related requests, performs general corporate paralegal duties as needed and provides reporting and analytical support to contract management and the litigation teams.
- Assist with the design, implementation and ongoing management of Confluence Health's contracts management system, which may include optimizing current systems, but also could include assistance with sourcing and implementing additional contract management platforms.
- Support a variety of business teams in contract requirements, including the preparation, revision, and negotiation of contracts that will include NDAs, services agreements, statements of work, purchase agreements, amendments, and legal notifications, with attorney input as needed.
- Perform first review of contracts, confidentiality agreements and similar agreements.
- Maintain contract template versions and assist in deploying changes to templates.
- Provide support to internal and external users of the contract database and system.
- Coordinate with appropriate contacts in relevant business units to assure proper use and administration of the contract database and system and to drive adoption of same.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with cross-divisional teams; facilitating open communication and collaboration in the investigation and resolution of general errors and issues within the assigned function(s).
- Provide reports to business and other associates as required.
- Assist with litigation support including review and approval of pleadings and discovery, investigation, research and document and pleading drafting.
- Conduct research on relevant laws, regulations, and legal articles, as requested.
- Provide support to in-house attorneys for various projects as needed.
- Assist with the drafting and maintenance of the corporate governance records for Confluence Health and all of its subsidiaries and operating units.
- Responsible for general corporate projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- Associates Degree.
- Certificate program in paralegal studies.
- 2+ years law office and/or in-house counsel experience.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Self-motivated, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and reliably meet deadlines.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 5 years of paralegal experience in contract drafting and other transactional legal work.
- Demonstrated experience reviewing, drafting and negotiating the legal terms of a broad range of standard commercial contracts.
O = Occasional, represents 1 to 25% or up to 30 minutes in a 2 hour workday.
F = Frequent, represents 26 to 50% or up to 1 hour of a 2 hour workday.
C = Continuous, represents 51% to 100% or up to 2 hours of a 2 hour workday.
Physical/Sensory Demands for This Position:
- Walking - F
- Sitting/Standing - C
- Reaching: Shoulder Height - O
- Reaching: Above shoulder height - O
- Reaching: Below shoulder height - C
- Climbing - O
- Pulling/Pushing: 25 pounds or less - O
- Pulling/Pushing: 25 pounds to 50 pounds - O
- Pulling/Pushing: Over 50 pounds - O
- Lifting: 25 pounds or less - F
- Lifting: 25 pounds to 50 pounds - O
- Lifting: Over 50 pounds - O
- Carrying: 25 pounds or less - F
- Carrying: 25 pounds to 50 pounds - O
- Carrying: Over 50 pounds - O
- Kneeling - O
- Bending/Stooping/Crouching - F
- Twisting/Turning - F
- Repetitive Movement - C
Work is performed in a typical office environment.
Physical Exposures for This Position:
- Unprotected Heights - No
- Heat - No
- Cold - No
- Mechanical Hazards - No
- Hazardous Substances - No
- Blood Borne Pathogens Exposure Potential - No
- Lighting - No
- Noise - No
- Ionizing/Non-Ionizing Radiation - No
- Infectious Diseases - No