The Institute for Functional Medicine, located in Federal Way Washington is looking for a highly motivated individual who is driven to grow with a dynamic organization. If providing outstanding customer service, working with a team to define and execute marketing strategies, our mission, and being part of a fun, quirky, passionate beyond bounds, somewhat-type A team excites you, IFM might be for you.
As the Contract Assistant, you will be responsible for:
• Provide key support for all phases of IFM’s contract practices and contract lifecycle management by participating in review of contract requests, drafting and redline of documents, facilitating approval and execution, storage in repository, subsequent records management, search and retrieval, audit and reporting, and contract renewal or close out;
• Track documents from commencement to completion, keeping stakeholders apprised of status and proactively addressing backlogs and bottlenecks;
• Review and respond to requests from outside agencies to use IFM’s copyrighted and trademarked materials; track requests and permissions;
• Conduct searches of domestic and foreign Patent and Trademark Databases;
• Prepare, file and prosecute copyright and trademark applications;
• Assist and provide input with the development and implementation of IFM’s new Contract Lifecycle Management Tool and Repository
• Contributing your distinct perspective to team projects, recognizing that your voice has value, and that fresh eyes bring novel ideas;
• Communicating clearly, efficiently, and with honesty and willingness to lean into hard situations productively, toward the goal of growth and shared understanding.
Education, Licenses, Certificates:
• Associates Degree or equivalent work-related experience required;
• bachelor’s degree in related field preferred;
• 2-3 years’ experience in the areas of contract interpretation, drafting of business and commercial type contracts required;
• 2-3 years’ experience in a customer service environment required;
• 2-3 years’ administrative and clerical experience in a law firm or professional services environment preferred;
• Experience with data management, electronic document tracking and management, and file maintenance required;
• Paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved training program is highly preferred;
• Experience in copyright and trademark law preferred.
Interested Candidates apply online via Indeed
Contract Assistant, Institute Functional Medicine (IFM) – Federal Way
Or, email your resume and cover letter to HR@fxmed.com