Pacifica Law Group -- Seattle
About The Position
Pacifica Law Group serves public and private clients in the Pacific Northwest with high-level expertise and intellect, and a commitment to the dynamics and values that drive Northwest companies and civic entities. Pacifica offers legal counsel and services to clients regarding public financing, project counseling, appellate and civil litigation. We are looking for a legal assistant to join our litigation team.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a sophisticated litigation practice and work in a dynamic, expanding and team-oriented atmosphere while enjoying the benefits of a mid-size law firm. The position includes both administrative and paralegal responsibilities.
- Provide general office support for litigation attorneys, for example, maintain and organize files, photocopy, maintain calendars, prepare expense reports, submit invoices for payment, schedule travel, coordinate meetings, calls and conferences to include ordering meals, scheduling conference rooms, and room set up.
- Provide support for the firm’s monthly billing process, track attorney time records and billing.
- Set up new clients and matters in the billing system.
- Prepare correspondence, documents and presentations; take responsibility for formatting, consistency and accuracy on time-sensitive, high-profile documents.
- Calculate and calendar court deadlines.
- Format, proofread, and finalize detailed correspondence, pleadings, and other legal documents; prepare and finalize basic correspondence and other documents as necessary.
- Establish and maintain paper and electronic filing systems; classify, sort and file correspondence, records, and other documents.
- File pleadings in state and federal trial courts, courts of appeals, and Supreme Courts; communicate with court staff, as necessary; keep current with changes in court rules and filing procedures.
- Perform general research and support activities to assist attorneys.
We offer a collegial environment and an excellent opportunity to continue to develop strong skills and professional growth.
- 5+ years of experience as a legal assistant
- Litigation experience in a private law firm setting
- High level of proficiency with Word and Outlook, experience with Excel and PowerPoint
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
- Must be self-motivated and able to meet deadlines under pressure
- Must possess a willingness to learn and exhibit flexibility in a fast-paced environment
- Must have the ability to work as part of a team, as well as to work independently
We offer a very competitive salary with full benefits. Please apply to info@PacificaLawGroup.com including a resume and a cover letter stating your pay requirements, your qualifications for this position and why you are interested in working at Pacifica. No phone calls please.