Davies Pearson, P.C., an established, general practice law firm in downtown Tacoma is seeking an experienced Paralegal with business law experience.
This position performs a variety of administrative support duties and delivers high-quality services to clients, exhibiting commitment to integrity and excellence. The scope of responsibilities includes prioritizing, managing and following through on multiple projects, and communicating effectively, courteously and professionally with clients, attorneys, staff and peers. Successful job applicants will be able to perform these essential functions with or without requested reasonable accommodations:
* Prepare legal correspondence, pleadings and discovery responses for attorney's approval and use by identifying forms and formats; proofread; maintain document control system.
* Manage files and documents; coordinate with support services, opposing law firms, and courts; maintain schedules and deadlines.
*Assist with preparing motions and exhibits.
* Document production preparation and management.
* Trial preparation, including drafting and managing trial documents and exhibits.
* Assist with corporate filings (formations, qualifications, obtaining EINs, Certificate of Good Standing, UCC, foreign qualification process, revisions to corporate governing documents, amendments, dissolutions, management changes, withdrawals, etc.).
* Track and manage annual report filings and other compliance activities.
* Draft and prepare a wide range of documents, including resolutions, governance documentation, certifications, consents, reports, etc.
* Assist attorneys in preparing documentation for a variety of corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions and financings.
* Enter billing and expense data into Firm system in a timely manner.
*Additional duties as assigned.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Understanding of legal language and principles, research methods, court pleadings and processes, and other related matters. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment. Ability to maintain confidentiality, and to exercise discretion and good judgment. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience
* Prefer paralegal certification / degree from accredited college or university.
* Three or more years of paralegal or combination of paralegal and legal assistant experience.
* Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
* Must be able lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and our firm promotes the professional growth and development of our staff. We hope to find a person who wants to be part of a team and will contribute to the positive culture we encourage and support.
If interested, please reply with your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. Please no walk-ins or phone calls. Thank you.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Apply To: firstname.lastname@example.org