Intellectual Property Specialist
Department: Institutional Standards
Supervisor: Manager, Intellectual Property & Compliance
Status: Non-Exempt, Full-time
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Travel: 0–5% (Essential travel will resume once it is deemed safe per current health guidelines)
The Intellectual Property Specialist is responsible for the review and approval of the use of IFM intellectual property (IP) as well as supporting the overall tracking, management, analysis and reporting of IP related requests. This role emphasizes teamwork, collaboration, documentation, and attention to detail, and requires broad administrative support knowledge, skills in organization, communication, and experience with reasoning and decision-making within a structured, process-oriented context.
Under the management of the Manager, Intellectual Property & Compliance, this role is responsible for:
- IFM IP Licensing, Trademark, and Copyright Administration
- Tracking, Monitoring, and Communicating IFM IP Information
- Process Development and Improvement Support
- Bachelor's degree or higher in related field.
- 2-3 years’ experience in copyright and trademark law requirements and maintenance.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a customer service environment.
- 2-3 years’ administrative and clerical experience in a law firm or professional services environment preferred.
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved training program highly preferred.
- Proven knowledge of fundamental elements of intellectual property including trademark and copyright administration.
- Demonstrated expertise with MS Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word); Willingness and ability to adapt to and learn new technologies and software.
- Experience with data management, electronic document tracking and management, and file maintenance; Proven ability to research issues/solutions and synthesize information; Experience organizing/coordinating a high transactional volume of tasks and projects.
- Strong written, verbal, listening, and inquiry skills; Able to communicate large amounts of information into concise, actionable language over the phone, in person, and via electronic media.
- Strong organizational, analytical, critical thinking, and time management skills; Works well under pressure and able to manage competing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to make decisions guided by policies, procedures, and business plans, and to inquire for clarification as appropriate.
- Ability to be adaptable, including the capability to work as part of a team and the flexibility needed to fulfill job responsibilities; Must be capable of adapting to changes in work environment and accept supervisory feedback.
- Strong interpersonal skills in the areas of attitude, behavior, and problem-solving mindset in order to enable positive responses from diverse internal and external stakeholders to meet the needs and expectations of the role.
- Ability to be self-directed with work activities, assess current status, anticipate obstacles and challenges, and recommend changes and improvements.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of discretion with confidential information.
- Paid medical, dental and vision insurance (dependent coverage offered at a competitive monthly premium)!
- Paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance!
- Competitive vacation and sick leave!
- 401(k) with generous contribution!
- 11 paid holidays plus a personal day annually!
- Meeting-free Tuesday afternoons!
- Annual wellness stipend!
- Department budgeted job skills training!
- Funds to put towards to a personal development opportunity!
Complementary registration to IFM’s educational programs!
Get to Know Us
The team at IFM is changing the way medicine is practiced and transforming the health (and lives) of millions of people around the world. Every single day, our teammates impact the quality of patient care through their unique roles that support the mission of our organization!
Although a remote workforce, we believe in the importance of personal connections to build positive and collaborative working relationships. These connections are fostered through virtual team events, intentional development opportunities, and thoughtful benefits geared to support employees in their home offices. You can find members of IFM’s team in 22 states across the US!
Interested? Our team is hungry and inspired and we want you to be too. Strive to grow with us!
1. You see this job posting, it piques your interest, and you apply!
2. A member of our HR team reaches out to you to schedule an introductory phone screen.
3. The hiring manager selects candidates (and possibly you!) to move forward with a virtual video interview and meet with members of the team.
4. Our team is highly collaborative, and we want to ensure that you have a chance to interact with and meet our amazing team. So, bear with us, our interview process is subject to our team’s availability but rest assured, we are actively working to schedule your interview(s).
5. We look forward to meeting you!
If you have any questions about your candidacy, please direct all questions to a member of the Human Resources Department so we can best respond to your inquiry!
Interested? Apply Today!
The Institute for Functional Medicine, IFM, is a federal government contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer. IFM invites all applicants to apply regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, and/or veteran status. As such, IFM invites you to voluntarily self-identify as a qualified individual, if applicable using the Voluntary EEO Form.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Completion of this information is voluntary and as such, adverse action will not be taken should you decide to not self-identify. The information you submit will be kept confidential.
Applicants Rights under Federal Employment Laws