Front Desk Legal Assistant – Competitive Compensation & Advancement Opportunities
We’re looking for a dynamic and experienced Front Desk Legal Assistant to join the McKinley Irvin family in our downtown Vancouver office. For a full job description and to apply online, please visit: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=37551&clientkey=6BB1C280CC57C5A22AA5705137AB61D2
A completed application, resume, cover letter, and salary expectations are required for consideration.
What we offer:
- Salary: $22 - $50 per hour (commensurate with experience)
- Work that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others
- A supportive community of purpose-driven individuals
- Training and development opportunities to design a career you love
- Competitive compensation & benefits package
- Choices of Health and Dental plans, plus Vision coverage
- 401(k) match
- Commuting subsidies
- State-of-the-art technology, resources, and support
What you contribute:
First and foremost, we are empathetic advocates for our clients. We provide a supportive refuge during their time of crisis, while relentlessly pursuing the best possible outcome for their futures. To continue our mission, we are looking for a similarly minded, full-time Front Desk Legal Assistant. If you want to build your future along with ours, we’d love to hear from you.
- Assist Paralegals with drafting, filing, serving, and tracking general pleadings and documents/correspondence
- Help Paralegals create initial client Master Information List in FamilySoft and prepare draft shell initial pleadings
- Support Paralegals with case schedule docketing, including maintaining tickle box, sending reminders, and tracking trial retainers
- Join Paralegals in assembling mediation materials, ER 904 Notices, Sealed Financial Source Documents, Joint Statement of Evidence, trial notebooks and motion documents
- Greet clients and guests, answer multi-line telephone system
- Minimum of 1 – 2 years of law firm experience preferred, with a minimum of 1 year of legal assistance experience required
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines under time constraints
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- High degree of professionalism and dependability
About McKinley Irvin:
With offices in Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Everett, Kirkland, Vancouver, and Portland, McKinley Irvin is the Pacific Northwest’s largest family law firm. For over 30 years, we’ve dedicated ourselves to our clients, their families, and the evolving nature of what it means to be a family. It is our goal to achieve the best possible results for our clients, while at the same time delivering world-class personal service.
We believe families are the root of civilization, that healthy families create healthy communities, and that communities are the foundation of the country. By helping one family at a time, we better our society as a whole.