AREA OF SPECIALTY:
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
Paralegal – Real Estate - oAcagfwW-oAcagfwW
--LOCATION OF JOB--
COUNTRY: United States
ZIP CODE: 98104
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP, a national law firm, is seeking an experienced Paralegal to join our Real Estate team in Seattle, Bellevue, or Portland.
In this role, you will collaborate with our attorneys, understand our clients’ needs, and assist with billable legal work to manage and monitor complex real estate transactions.
We value entrepreneurial self-starters who bring innovative solutions to the table. If you are supremely client-focused, we want to talk to you.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice, and the support is unparalleled.
In this role, you will:
* Analyze title documents, real property legal descriptions and surveys; prepare title and survey summaries; identify and recommend title endorsements and removal of or changes to title exceptions; and coordinate with title companies regarding title insurance policy issues and satisfaction of closing conditions
* Prepare title objection letters and seller response letters
* Manage due diligence activities, including creating and monitoring due diligence checklists
* Conduct UCC and other searches and analyze results; request entity documents
* Assist in the preparation of real estate documents, exhibits and schedules
* Manage and coordinate closings
* Address post-closing matters and oversee preparation of closing books
* Provide assistance with real estate aspects of litigation and estate planning matters as requested
* Accurately and completely record billable time spent and tasks performed in accordance with firm policy and client-imposed billing protocols; enter and release time promptly in compliance with established deadlines
* Promptly submit accurate records of hours worked
* Accept and perform other tasks as assigned
Join us if you have:
* 5+ years’ experience as a real estate paralegal; experience in land use and zoning matters, including experience in communicating with government officials, is ideal
* Demonstrated knowledge and skill in both loan and purchase/sale transactions
* Bachelor’s degree or clear demonstration of equivalent knowledge and skill
* Highly developed skill in time and task management
* High level of attention to detail with a view to thoroughness and accuracy
* Strong analytic and post-college level writing skills
* Strong command of the English language including excellent spelling, grammar, punctuation, form and style
* Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office computerized business applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook) as well as legal research and document retention databases
* Willingness to learn and adapt to new technology, software programs, and upgrades
* Ability and willingness to communicate and handle stressful situations in a professional, calm, courteous manner
* Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented service environment
* Availability and willingness to work overtime as needed or requested
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
* Choice of health and vision insurance plans
* 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
* Dental plan
* Fertility and adoption benefit
* Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
* Tuition reimbursement
* Commuter benefits
* Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
To apply for this position, please use the following URL: