The team at Gilson-Moreau & Associates, P.S. are looking for an experienced family law paralegal. As a paralegal at Gilson-Moreau & Associates, P.S., you will be responsible for client communications, conferring with opposing parties and opposing counsels and often with the Court as well. You will be expected to have case management skills. This includes producing, organizing, and maintaining pleadings; preparation of and answering discovery; drafting of simple motions in consultation with attorneys; filing documents with the various courts; conducting research, and assisting in preparing materials for mediation and trials. The position will be based in our Bellevue office with some opportunity for remote work.
- At least three - five years of experience as a paralegal (two of which must be specifically in the area family law).
- Knowledge of the Washington State court rules and procedures related to motion practice in the counties of King, Snohomish, and Pierce counties. Experience with Kitsap and Thurston Counties would be an excellent a bonus.
- Experience with Dropbox/Adobe/MS Office 365/Linx/Odyssey/Family Soft/Amicus Attorney (or similar attorney programs) or the ability to learn any of listed systems quickly
- Excellent writing skills
- Willingness and ability to work both as a team and individually
- Stable internet and phone access
- Ability to relate to individuals from diverse cultural, educational, ethnic, generational, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly
We are a small law firm practicing solely in the area of family law. We have three full-time attorneys and one of-counsel that is transitioning out of full-time practice. Although, we are a small firm, we have a strong reputation in our community as dedicated and experienced family law attorneys.
$19 - $25 an hour (dependent on level of experience)
We are looking to fill this position immediately. We are currently scheduled to interview applicants on a rolling basis with the intent to hire the first qualified candidate. Interviews will be conducted via video conference using Zoom.
Documents Required with Application:
Please send resume and cover Letter
Attention: Megan Moreau firstname.lastname@example.org