Title: Corporate Paralegal – Generalist
Reports to: VP of Real Estate Legal Services
The Corporate Paralegal – Generalist, will be a part of the Real Estate Finance team and will provide support with finance transactions, entity management, and insurance issues. This position will provide support on organizational projects and project assistance to the other Corporate Paralegals. Adherence to customer service philosophy by providing excellent customer service to Team Members and residents is paramount.
- This position will work closely with the team to understand each entity structure, its purpose, and transfers which occur.
- Assist with administration of corporate entities by monitoring annual renewals, preparing signature blocks, and issuing W-9s.
- Assist with renewing annual reports, business licenses, and permits.
- Collaborate with the Facilities Department on vehicle purchase and leases. Process all vehicle titles and initial registration to ensure vehicle are registered in the correct name and titles are on file.
- Process all ownership transfers or changes on business licenses, permits and vehicle titles.
- Obtain certificates of insurance and other insurance information for lenders, vendors, staff, and communities.
- Maintain current certificates of insurance for vendors under master contracts.
- Maintain the insurance matrix to allow for current policy information to be visible across departments.
- Maintain and renew required bonds.
- Prepare quarterly claims reports by collaborating with the Company departments handling the claims.
- Assist with renewal applications, maintaining files, processing invoices and other insurance matters.
- Provide support to CFO and VP of Real Estate Legal Services with transactions and participate in transactions as necessary.
- Prepare a summary of the transaction at the outset and schedule kick-off meeting.
- Assist with due diligence collection and resolve related issues.
- Review vendor contracts for provisions affected by the transaction, create related exhibits, and handle any assignments.
- Provide document preparation and execution support by completing templates, editing, formatting, printing, compiling exhibits, notarizing signatures, and coordinating document delivery for closing.
- Manage and complete items on the post-closing list, including but not limited to transferring permits and vehicle titles.
- Coordinate onsite inspections by lenders, insurance companies, etc.
- Proofread agreements, letters and applications.
- Update, maintain and further develop electronic and hard copy filing systems and trackers
- Provide project management and/or related support to projects as they arise.
- Assist with record retention and document storage.
- Support and collaborate with Corporate Paralegal to provide back-up support to each other.
- Demonstrate a positive, professional and customer-oriented attitude about the company with co-workers, lenders, attorneys and others, whether the contact is by e-mail, telephone or in person. Constantly strive for improvements in work process and results to better meet company expectations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional time management and organization skills
- Highly detail oriented
- Affinity to update project trackers and files in the moment and not allow updates to pile up
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as member of a team and work effectively with all departments in the company as well as lenders, attorneys and other partners
- Proficient in Smartsheet, Teams and Microsoft Office products, especially editing ability in Word and Adobe
- Open to learning and utilizing new technological systems
- Adaptable with ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- 4 year degree in relevant field (in addition, completion of paralegal or legal assistant program), or equivalent education/work experience
- 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Notary, or willing to become a notary and meets State qualifications to become a notary
- Experience in real estate, insurance or legal fields preferred.