About Landerholm, P.S.
Since 1948, the attorneys and professionals at Landerholm, P.S. have served as legal advisors and trusted advocates to individuals and businesses throughout Southwest Washington and beyond. Located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, we focus our legal practice in the areas of business, estate planning and probate, litigation, real estate, and workers’ compensation. We offer a great working environment and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, and a 401(k) plan.
Summary of Position
We are seeking an Accounting and Tax Paralegal in our Estate Planning/Probate department. The successful candidate for this unique position will be responsible for matters involving the administration of trusts and probates along with the preparation of tax returns and other documents. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must. The ideal candidate will be familiar with estate planning documents, tax returns, form 706, be highly organized, have strong analytical skills, and able to manage conflicting priorities.
- Prepares individual and fiduciary income tax returns, gift tax returns, and estate tax returns.
- Assists in the transfer of assets from decedent's or individuals' name to an Estate or Trust.
- Prepares probate and administration proceedings, accounting proceedings, and other court filings.
- Assists in the preparation, retention, and organization of legal documents, agreements, pleadings, and accountings related to trust and estate administration.
- Performs legal support work pertaining to administration of tax returns and the administration of trusts and estates.
- Indexes trust and estate administration documentation and enters data into client files.
- Communicates with clients in a professional and compassionate way.
Requirements & Prerequisites
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant in the State of Washington.
- Minimum of two (2) years of paralegal experience in Estate Planning and Probate.
- 4-year degree required.
- Available full time – 8-5, Monday-Friday.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.