Perkins Coie LLP's nationally-recognized Trademark, Copyright, Internet & Advertising group is seeking a highly-motivated Paralegal to join the Seattle office. This position will assist attorneys in the clearance and prosecution of U.S. and foreign trademark and copyright matters, including searches, enforcement, and due diligence.
- Ability to draft and file electronic trademark and service mark applications with the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Ability to prepare and file copyright applications with the U.S. Copyright Office
- Independently draft domestic and international Office Action responses, related prosecution documents, and correspondence to clients
- Communicate with foreign associates regarding international trademark matters
- Register and manage Internet Domain Names, both generic and country extensions
- Experience with adverse matters, demand letters and domain name arbitrations
- Excellent accuracy in reviewing, monitoring, and maintaining docket deadlines
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills to effectively interface with team members, staff, and employees at all management levels within the firm and within our clients’ organizations.
- Exercise excellent judgment and initiative, and possess strong leadership, project management, and problem-solving skills to successfully drive projects to completion.
- Keep accurate time and billing records and comply with clients’ billing requirements.
Education & Experience:
A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of IP/Trademark paralegal experience is required. Paralegal experience working with all levels of management and staff of Fortune 100 companies is preferred. Paralegal certificate is preferred.