Trust Administration Paralegal
About Landerholm, P.S.
Since 1948, the attorneys and professionals at Landerholm, P.S. have served as legal advisors and trusted advocates to individuals and businesses throughout Southwest Washington and beyond. Located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, we focus our legal practice in the areas of business, estate planning and probate, litigation, real estate, and workers’ compensation. We offer a great working environment and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, and a 401(k) plan.
Summary of Position
Landerholm, P.S. is seeking an organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented individual to work with the attorneys and staff in our Estate Planning and Probate Department. The successful candidate will have a college degree or trust administration experience. Familiarity with community property law and tax issues applicable to estates and trusts is beneficial, but not required.
- Assist the attorney during initial client conferences and follow-up meetings.
- Review and understand the basic provisions of estate planning documents.
- Prepare diagrams to illustrate the estate plan or distribution of assets.
- Communicate effectively with clients and others.
- Arrange for the valuation of assets.
- Prepare inventories of assets and spreadsheets to show allocation of assets.
- Assist and train clients who are trustees of trusts.
- Prepare trustee reports and notices.
- In consultation with attorneys and other advisors, analyze appropriateness of disclaimers, distributions, funding of trusts, planning options.
- Serve as a liaison among attorney, client, outside accountants, appraisers, investment firms, insurance representatives, and other professionals.
- Maintain various documents and financial records for trusts and estates.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Organizational skills to manage multiple projects, deadlines, and conflicting priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to draft documents with keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong math skills.
- Ability to analyze options and anticipate client and/or attorney needs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Excel and Word.
- ProLaw and iManage experience, a plus.
Requirements & Prerequisites
- Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate or experience in a trust department or at a financial institution.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in probate or trust administration.
- Full-time: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.