Gillaspy & Rhode, PLLC, an established insurance defense, construction, real estate, and small business law firm, has immediate openings in our Kirkland office for an experienced Paralegal and Legal Assistant to join our firm.
Gillaspy & Rhode is a mid-sized firm with offices in Kirkland and Portland. We have built a reputation for high quality service and professionalism and seek candidates who are responsible, responsive, knowledgeable, creative, professional, and able to work independently and as part of a team.
Qualified candidates for Paralegal and Legal Assistant positions must also have:
- 2+ years litigation experience;
- Familiarity with state and local rules and filing legal documents in Washington and Oregon;
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and cases;
- Excellent decision-making skills and judgment;
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail; and
- A strong work ethic and positive can-do attitude.
Paralegal Specific Tasks
Legal Assistant Specific Tasks
- Support administrative duties such as answering phones and direct calls appropriately, manage incoming and outgoing mail for attorneys and other office duties
- Perform conflict checks
- Open new files
- Maintain familiarity with all insurance carrier guidelines
- Edit and final case related correspondence and pleadings and manage emails. Manage electronic file folders and their contents and keep updated
- File all documents, electronic and written
- Calendar all deadlines and deliverables as directed by attorney and as obvious from incoming emails, firm procedures, and carrier guidelines
- Contacts with client and opposing party representatives, mediators, experts as directed by attorneys
- Stay apprised of procedural rules applicable to all work product
- Assist with vendor bills and other billing tasks as requested
- Assist with preparation for key events such as mediation, arbitration, hearings and trials
- Redact privileged information from policies and job files when requested
- Participate as requested in editing and preparation of marketing materials
- Participate as requested in routine office chores, such as ordering supplies, kitchen clean up and the like
- All tasks must be performed in an organized and detailed fashion, work cooperatively with internal and external contacts, maintain confidentiality of all case file information
Legal Assistant and Paralegal roles may overlap and tasks interchange on a case-by-case basis, or as workload dictates.
Gillaspy & Rhode offers experience driven salary and benefits, competitive with the local market, as well as a collaborative, supportive and team-driven environment.To apply for this position, please submit a cover letting describing your interest in the opportunity along with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org