The Seattle office of Perkins Coie LLP has an immediate opening for a paralegal to join its nationally recognized Personal Planning (PPG) practice group. This position will perform legal and other online research and writing tasks as directed by attorneys. Requires an understanding of accounting principles; demonstrate excellent verbal, written communications and interpersonal skills; and be able to effectively interface with team members, staff, and employees at all management levels within the firm.
- Drafting court documents and related probate documents based on knowledge of Washington probate proceedings, and presenting uncontested matters at ex parte hearings
- Preparing gift and estate tax returns
- Assisting with the analysis, calculation or preparation of asset and gift spreadsheets using Excel and/or other software
- Preparing documents related to the transfer of assets, including disclaimers, notices of withdrawal rights and assignments
- Attending meetings and participating in conference calls with clients
- Managing all aspects of estate and trust administration
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and concurrent deadlines and to communicate the status of projects
- Ability to analyze data and organize it for presentation to clients
- Close attention to detail
- Ability to work independently upon receiving assignments
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and 3 years' recent experience in probate and trust administration is preferred. Paralegal certification preferred but not required. Candidates must possess a client-focused approach to work, be able to handle multiple assignments efficiently, work well under pressure, and have the flexibility to assist teams in meeting client demands on accelerated schedules. The ideal candidate must have a strong work ethic, be a self-starter, and operate with strong initiative to meet billable requirements. To apply for this position, please submit a cover letting describing your interest in the opportunity along with your resume.